Friday, November 4, 2011

Plenty of Time Wasted

My name is Brianna and this is my dating story. I couple of years ago, I was recently divorced and really missing men. In short, I was desperately horny. I had been out of the dating picture for quite a while, and was at loose ends as to where to start. My ever helpful sister Darla told me that I should try plentyoffish. I told her that I got the fact that eating lots of fish helped you get omega 3 fatty acids into your system and that was good for your skin and general well-being, but I had never heard of it lowering your sex drive. Besides, my problem was that I did not want to lower my libido, I wanted a man to get it on with! She laughed and said that plentyoffish was a dating site where I could likely find a nice guy to date, and maybe spend most of my time with. At first I was against the idea, but gradually I came around. After all, what did I have to loose? BIG MISTAKE!

I have to agree that plentyoffish is a good name for the site. I met some barracudas and a few slimy eels, and even someone that I thought of as pond scum. They should call it plenty of losers.

The first guy that I met in the chat room said tat he liked to walk on beaches (by the way, that is a pickup line on a dating site – guys do not really like to walk on beaches I have found) and he liked to spend time with his children. He sounded like a decent guy but when I checked his profile it said he doesn’t have any kids; moving on.

The next guy claimed to be 35 when I was chatting with him. There was no picture on his profile, but he seemed articulate enough. When I saw him in person, he was at least 15 years older than that. And I am being generous! He was dressed in all black cowboy clothes. My God he looked like an Grand Ole Opry washout. I was waiting for him to pull out a guitar and start singing “Forget The Past”. I wish I could forget him.

The next loser seemed nice enough online, but when I met him in person, suddenly his voice became an unintelligible drawl. Halfway between New York Ebonics and Arkansas drawl. He kept talking about us doing the deed over and over. I said that if he touched me I would yell at the top of my voice and call the cops! I had to cut and run yet again! I rushed home to log into plentyofmorons to block him.

I talked to Darla and told her that her wonderful dating site, plentyofduds, had not been so good for me in any way. Well she talked me into giving it yet another try. I was more successful this time and started communicating with a fellow who seemed to be nice. From my perspective he was funny, sensible, and smart. When he asked to meet me in person, I agreed.

He took me to a nice club and as we sat down at the table a few of my friends who also  happened to be there came over to say hello. They asked if they could sit with us and seeing that they were friends I saw no reason why they couldn't. My date on the other hand seem to have a big problem with it. He made it known to me that he did not want my friends at the table with us. I disagreed and he started sulking of all things. I could not believe the way he was behaving like a child. In any event, this proved to me that he was not very suave, and it would very likely get in the way at some point. Later, my friends and I were kibitzing around cracking jokes. He honestly seemed not to be following them. He certainly was not laughing much, and when he did it looked forced. In any event, he proved to me that he was not the person that he pretended to be online. Funny how it is that you can pick up on things in person that evade you when chatting online. Needless to say, it was my last date with the bad humor guy!

For the next couple of months, I chatted with a bunch of guys, but they were mostly neanderthals who had trouble stringing a coherent thought together. Certainly, their command of the written word left a lot to be desired. Truly uninspiring. I did not want to meet any of them.  I may not be as young as I once was, but I keep fit with regular hard exercise, and I am totally honest. I expect that any man I partner with to keep themselves actively healthy and not to lie to me. I was concerned that I was just wasting my time because a few more months had gone by with little to show for it. I was beginning to think that a better name for plentyoffish would be plentyofnothing. Just like that old Gershwin song. It got that I would start to hum that Gershwin tune every time I logged in to the site.

As it turned out, I was by myself most of those several months. That dating site was for the birds. I told my sister that I was tired of online dating sites. They were just not working for me. I did not want to log into plentyoftimewasted any more.

She told me there was another site that some of her friends had used and they seemed to meet some OK guy's. She said she would get me the link to the site. Well it was not as if I had anything better to do, so I simply said yes.

Actually the link pointed to a site that was not a dating site in itself. It just listed a lot of good dating sites that they had reviewed and recommended. Not surprising, plentyoffish was not on it. Well I feel like a new woman, I have been going out with some great guys and actually enjoying myself thanks to this link.

I may have cottoned on to why plentyoffish was not as successful for me as the other sites. I believe that plentyoffish attracts more than his fair share of losers just because the site is totally free.. I mean, would you want to spend the rest of your life with someone unsuccessful, or someone who is too cheap to pay for something? But free sites attracts exactly these kinds of people. When I took a harder look at the listed sites, I realized that every one of them were pay for use sites. In a way, that is an automatic filter on them because unsuccessful people and cheap people tend to stay away from them. I also found out that for several of these sites, only the men pay. As a woman, I have been just as successful on sites where only the men pay as sites where the men and the women have to pay.

So if you want some of the right kind of action, I highly recommend that you try the link below.
Top 100 Dating Personals Sites

No comments:

Post a Comment